Busumbala Nursery School – Week 3
Busumbala Nursery School closed for the Easter break on 31st March. On that day, a meeting was held with parents, members of the Village Development Committee and Lamin Barrow in attendance.
A number of issues were discussed:
– school uniform colours will be a combination of black and blue to make cleaning easy;
– the school fee will be 300 Gambian dalasi per term (around £4.50);
– the VDC is in communication with experienced volunteers to work alongside teacher Omar Drammeh;
– parents were encouraged to volunteer to help in the day to day running of the school building. There will be a cleaning day on 11th April in readiness for school Summer term opening on 12th April;
– school is likely to complete a second full class of 30 children very soon.
Uncle Lamin Barrow said the meeting was very positive. Big thanks to Uncle Lamin for attending the meeting and feeding back the outcomes. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. We could not do this without Lamin’s hard work.
The pressure is on us to complete the third classroom. Of all the classrooms and building work completed so far, the third classroom should be the easiest to finish. Essentially, we just need three walls, a roof, all the relevant plastering and painting and a door and a set of window shutters. Based on previous costings, this should cost us around £2000.
To complete the third classroom, we need your financial support. Please check out our post at https://www.bfigcharity.org/how-to-donate/ to find out all of the other ways in which you can donate.
Please share this post.